On March 1, 1946, Major General G. M. Barnes, Chief of Research and Development for the Army Ordnance Department, and President Umphrey Lee of Southern Methodist University, announced plans for the establishment of a precision gage laboratory in the School of Engineering. The decision to install the laboratory was made at the request of the Lone Star Post of the Army Ordnance Association, membership of which includes executives and engineers for a large number of industrial firms in the Dallas area.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
Flath, E. H.
"A Gage Laboratory For Southern Methodist University,"
Field and Laboratory: Vol. 14
Available at: https://scholar.smu.edu/fieldandlab/vol14/iss1/2