Download Full Text (5.4 MB)
- The establishment by William L. Hutchison, '55, of the Hutchison Scholarship Program providing 10 full-tuition scholarships a year.
- The construction of a new courtroom, thanks to a grant from the Fair Foundation.
- The establishment of an appellate clinic and a clinic for legal services to the elderly.
- The creation of the Robert Hickman Smellage, Sr. Endowed Graduate Tax Scholarships.
- The inauguration of the annual SMU Touche Ross Tar Lecture Series.
- The completion of the most successful annual campaigns in the School's history on behalf of the Law School Fund and the Law Library Fund.
- The receipt by the School of total annual and endowment gifts in excess of $2.2 million.
- The organization of the first SMU Law School in Oxford Program, held in the Summer of 1984.
- The completion of the School's largest and most successful series of continuing legal education programs.